Date 16 Jan 2024
Morrison Construction’s Building Highland business has been awarded an £11.7m contract to deliver the Royal Dornoch Golf Club’s new clubhouse project.
The new slate and stone built clubhouse will be built over three levels, including a pro-shop, restaurant and bar, as well as locker rooms. The project will also incorporate an entrance hall and lobby, in addition to a bag drop-off area, caddy master area, kitchen cellar, medical room, trolley storage, drying area, admin store and a laundry room.
The golf course, which was established in 1877 and awarded its royal status 29 years later, in 1906, is a treasured part of the region’s golfing history, which can be traced back as far as 1616. The site features impressive views across the Dornoch Firth, and was described as the “king of Scottish link courses” by Golf International.
Donald McLachlan, Managing Director for Morrison Construction Highland, commented: “This is an exciting project that will offer us the chance to create a fantastic new clubhouse for the Royal Dornoch Golf Club, that members and the wider community will be proud of for years to come.”