The single site reduces capital and revenue costs but was cleverly designed to retain elements of leadership and management associated with having separate establishments.
The key to success lies in innovative combinations of circulation and functional spaces to create open, flexible environments for learning and development. These are shared, but can also be divided according to age groups and activities.
The site completed in late 2016 includes:
- Clyde Valley High School (750 pupil places).
- A primary school (192 pupil places).
- A language and communication support centre within the primary school (46 pupils).
- A nursery school (30/30 provision).
- An energy centre building.
"This is such an exciting time for the communities of all three schools. The design of the new Clyde Valley campus is simply breath-taking. It is stunning. The new building will provide this community with the state of the art, modern facilities we need to deliver a 21st century curriculum."
Iain Sommerville, Head Teacher, Clyde Valley Campus