The design has ensured that the building will work well for the whole community and care has been taken to make sure the external appearance reflects the nature of the historic town of St Andrews.
The three-level building accommodates:
- primary care services;
- in-patient facilities;
- a diagnostic and treatment centre;
- a day-based assessment and rehabilitation centre;
- a minor injuries unit (MIU), treatment rooms, phlebotomy and primary care emergency services (PCES);
- dental, orthodontic and podiatry care;
- and Fife Council social work services.