The SGP processes gas from the new Laggan - Tormore gas fields operated by Total, located 150km to the NW of Shetland. The SGP will supply 8 per cent of the UK’s gas requirements for the next 30 years.
The infrastructure works included:
- Approximately 39,000m3 of structural and general concrete placed between July 2011 and September 2015 to 3,500 individual reinforced concrete foundations. Up to 65% of this was supplied from a site batching plant, to accommodate major individual concrete foundation pours up to 550m3.
- Approximately 4km of plant access roads and 2.8km of Category 2 perimeter security fence constructed. The latter included security camera foundations around the fence line perimeter, together with the construction of a separate patrol road on the fence line.
- The excavation and backfilling for 1,000km of electrical cables and 30km of pipework.
- The design and construction of gatehouse, administration and warehouse/workshop buildings, including final fit out and installation of M&E systems, together with Building Warrant procurement.
- The construction of 33 structural steel industrial buildings complete with coated steel cladding, forming weatherproof maintenance shelters at key process plant locations site wide.