Working as part of the Interlink M74 Joint Venture, we constructed a five mile stretch of road to join the motorway from the Fullarton Road Junction, near Carmyle, to the M8 motorway west of Kingston Bridge.
Our joint venture team also constructed:
- A dual three-lane carriageway with hard shoulders on each side and dual two-lane motorway connections to the M8.
- A new two way junction at Kingston.
- New four-way junctions at Cambuslang Road and Polmadie Road.
- The existing junction at Fullarton Road was upgraded to a four-way junction.
- 13 bridges were built to allow the new motorway to cross the M8, existing rail lines, the River Clyde and local roads.
With such a huge undertaking at hand, the M74 project has been hugely considerate of the environment, regenerating disused land and old industrial sites.