Working as part of the Interlink M74 Joint Venture, we constructed a five mile stretch of road to join the motorway from the Fullarton Road Junction, near Carmyle, to the M8 motorway west of Kingston Bridge.
Our joint venture team also constructed:
- A dual three-lane carriageway with hard shoulders on each side and dual two-lane motorway connections to the M8.
- A new two way junction at Kingston.
- New four-way junctions at Cambuslang Road and Polmadie Road.
- The existing junction at Fullarton Road was upgraded to a four-way junction.
- 13 bridges were built to allow the new motorway to cross the M8, existing rail lines, the River Clyde and local roads.
The M74 project was very considerate of the environment, regenerating disused land and old industrial sites.